Relay For Life-IC&W is a movement by which members of expat communities in Belgium stand together in solidarity with those touched by cancer while raising funds for the Foundation against Cancer.
We hold several activities throughout the year. The main one is the annual 24-hour Relay for Life event. It is a festive and inspiring family event. The 2022 edition will take place on June 18-19 at St. John’s International School in Waterloo. It will be the 10th edition, and we intend to make it extra special.
We expect more than 600 expat community members to join. Euros raised help the Foundation against Cancer fulfil its mission. In 2019, we raised €77,000. This year, our goal is to raise €80,000 or more.
We would love you to be involved in this fantastic event.
How can you be involved?
• Make a team: groups of friends, family, colleagues. Anybody can create a team to participate. It is a great way to foster camaraderie and a sense of community, all while having fun and achieving a worthy goal.
• Survivors: Our VIP guests at Relay are people who have battled cancer or are currently undergoing treatment. They can register for free and participate in a programme that includes meals, massages, discussion groups and mutual support.
• Volunteer: We need many volunteers to help with set-up and dismantling tasks and manage our various booths during the event.
• Donate: All donations are most welcome. They can be in the form of a tax-deductible monetary donation or goods for our tombola.
• Spread the word: Please share our poster and information with your contacts to make the event as successful as possible.
Contact us for more information !
Contact : IC@relayforlife.be
Website : www.relayforlife.be/relays/international-community-waterloo-2022