More than 90% of mail is delivered within 24 hours.Post office addresses in each municipality, see the very well done and user-friendly website:
www.bpost.be (FR/NL/DE/EN) - T 022 012 345 Very well done and very comprehensive smartphone application including geolocalisation.
In addition to the post offices for smaller transactions you have « points poste »
Points poste: the Belgian Post has recently closed most of its local offices, replacing them by counters called «Point Poste» inside local shops, supermarkets… where you may buy stamps, send and receive registered mail or parcels. There are more than 680 «Points Poste» in Belgium.
Price of stamps
- Stamp n° 1 : 0 – 50 g : 0,79€/1 - 0,74€/10
- Stamp n° 2 : 0 – 100 g : 1,58€/1 - 1,48€/10
- Europe : 0 - 50 g : 1,23€/1 - 1,13€/10
- Rest of the world : 0 - 50 g : 1,45€/1 - 1,35€/10
The mail can be deposited in all the red boxes in Belgium or at the post office counter, or at a pick-up point.
Find under this heading different useful postage stamps for sending your packages, national or international, packages and envelopes recognised by bpost, bpost telephone cards...
Post offices are mostly open from 9 am until 5 pm or 6 pm, from Monday to Friday.
Some are opened on Saturday morning.
Rue Fonsny - 1060 Saint-Gilles (Gare du Midi)
T 02 524 43 08
Open from 8.00 am to 07.30 pm and on Saturday from 10.30 am to 4.30 pm for all operations.
Customer Service / Service à la clientèle
By phone from Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 7.00 pm and Saturday from 8.00 am to 12.30 pm.
T 02 201 23 45
By letter: La Poste – B P 5000 – 1000 Bruxelles
(free of charge)
BPOST ALSO OFFERS:
- bpack (ex Taxipost) for delivery of parcels
- Banque de la Poste (account, card, credit, insurance, placement)
- Payment to a recipient in Belgium
- To send money abroad via Western Union
- Mobile phone services with a prepaid card
- Create your own postcard via the bpost Mobile Postcard app
Back to Everyday Life & mobility