As an expat in Belgium you need to follow some procedures to gain the benefit of the system which is really of high quality in our country.
If you are a civil servant, if you are living in Belgium with your family, if you are a student …. And you don’t know :
- If your actual employer is taking care of your health insurance ?
- Which is the basic health cover you need?
- What to do in case of injury or illness?
- What about Belgian hospitals ?
- Which insurance to choose when you have a baby?
- What about healthcare abroad ?
- And many other questions …
You will find a solution for sure by visiting the website:
They propose a very practical check-list with 10 tips or useful questions you need to settle to prepare your arrival in the best conditions in order to make your choice.
To stay informed on health topics, the section « live in Belgium » gives you news regularly about your health during your stay.