Epiphany, or Feast of the Epiphany, commemorates the three wise men, Melchior, Gaspard and Balthazar, who came bringing presents to the baby Jesus: myrrh, incense and gold.
Today, it is the tradition that on the 'Jour des Rois' (Day of Kings) we share a cake called 'galette'. According to the region, there is either a cake made with puff pastry or a cake like a bread.
Where to find the best 'galettes' in Brussels ?
1. At MARCOLINI, place du Sablon, 1000 Bruxelles
2. At Le SAINT AULAYE, Rue Vanderkindere 377, 1050 Ixelles
3. At WITTAMER, place du Grand Sablon 12, 1000 Bruxelles
4. At FLEUR DU PAIN, Place Flagey, 1050 Ixelles
5. At DUCOBU, Chée de Waterloo 506, 1050 Ixelles
And why not at your local bakery ?