Coronalert is a free app for your mobile phone.
The app helps us to protect each other and slow down the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Coronalert app uses technology to speed up contact detection in Belgium.
If you use the app, you can:
- find out if you’ve been in close contact with another Coronalert-user who tested positive for the coronavirus, without knowing who it is,
- anonymously warn your close contacts if you tested positive for the coronavirus yourself,
together to ensure faster contact detection,
- help stop the spread of the virus.
- The average number of coronavirus infections per day reached 8.422 cases between October 10 and October 16 in Belgium.
-There was an average of 266 hospital admissions per day between October 10 and October 16.
- Deaths represent an average of 32 per day between October 10 and October 16, for a total of 10.443.
Wearing a mask is compulsory for anyone aged 12 and over in public places and in private places accessible to the public throughout the territory of the Brussels-Capital Region.
- Bars and restaurants across the country will have to close.
- The sale of alcohol will be banned after 20 h.
- A family can invite up to 4 guests, same ones for a period of 15 days, but only one close contact outside household.
- Teleworking should be encouraged.
- Curefew is imposed from 24h to 5h for a 15 day period.
So important to get correct information from trusted sources.
Do you want to know more about the coronavirus and the public measures taken in Belgium and Brussels ?
- World Health Organization
- Coronavirus COVID-19
0800 14 689
We can see all the people we want to see, as long as we keep the distance of 1.50m or wear the mask.
However, you cannot see more than ten people at the same time.
Experts advise having close contact with a maximum of 5 people per month per person, apart from those with whom you live (close contact = close physical contact of more than 15 minutes without wearing a mask and without keeping the distance).
From October 1, it will no longer be compulsory to wear a mask outside, except in places where safety distances cannot be respected or in extremely busy places. However, you must always wear a mask in closed places.
From Belgium, it is now allowed but not recommended to travel in countries declared red zone. A PCR test and a 7-day quarantine is mandatory on return.
If you have to travel abroad, be sure that your destination country lets you enter its territory without having to spend 7 days in quarantine. You might also need to provide a PCR test.
Do you need a test (PCR) to travel?
You will find some addresses below
Be careful, it often takes between 72h and 96h to get the results.
Brussels International Airport is in the process of installing a rapid testing center.
The CHU St Pierre (rue des Alexiens, 11 - 1000 Bxl) is, to our knowledge, the one that gives you the results with confidence in 48 hours (from Monday to Saturday).
Testing Centers in Brussels
Hopital Erasme - Route de Lennik, 808 - 1070 Anderlecht
T 02 555 43 50
CHU Brugman-Horta - Avenue Rommelaere, 14 - 1020 Laeken
T 02 477 31 96
CHU Brugman-Brien - Rue du Foyer Schaebeekois, 36 - 1030 Schaerbeek
T 02 477 31 96
Cliniques Saint Jean
Boulevard Pacheco, 44 - 1000 Bruxelles
To make an appointement:
- You have a Belgian national registration number (NISS) à https://testcovid.be/
- You do not have a Belgian national registration number (NISS) à 02/891.60.00 (from 8am to 5pm, from Monday until Friday)
Corona Village @ 1190 Forest
Avenue Jupiter 201
Monday to Saturday
9h > 17h
Corona Village @ Etterbeek
In front of Parc du Cinquantenaire
Monday to Saturday
8h > 16h
https://testcovid.be (registration required)
Corona Village (from 22/10)
Plateau du Heysel
Centre de prélèvements LIMS - Avenue Brugmann, 423 - 1180 Uccle
T 010 87 09 70
Medicis Center - Avenue de Tervuren, 236 - 1150 Woluwe-St-Pierre
T 02 762 03 25
Centre Thiry City-Lab
Avenue Marcel Thiry, 216 - 1200 Woluwe-St-Lambert
Synlab Bruxelles (8 centers)
Four new Covid-19 testing centers accessible to asymptomatic patients should be created very soon in the Brussels region, we will keep you informed.