A call center can be reached during working hours via the telephone number
02 214 19 19
Corona vaccination centres : here
- It is possible to move around freely within Belgium.
- Wearing a mask is compulsory in indoor and outdoor spaces, in public transport, in healthcare establishments, in Horeca establishments, in shops and shopping centers, in companies and public administrations, cultural and recreational centers , Sports and events, fitness and places of worship.
- the Horeca sector, the Christmas markets must close at 11 p.m.
- In restaurants, a maximum of 6 people per table is allowed, except for members of the same family.
- A Covid Safe ticket or certificate is mandatory for customers of indoor and outdoor restaurants and cafes.
- closing of nightclubs and discotheques.
- Teleworking is compulsory 4 days a week.
- From Monday, December 20, primary nursery schools will close their doors. A daycare will be organized for parents without a solution. From 2 Covid cases per class, it will close.
Hybrid education, half face-to-face, half distance, will be in effect in secondary education.
- The shops are open and the night shops are open.
- Hairdressing and beauty salons are open.
- Markets are authorized according to the terms established by the municipalities.
- Seasonal markets, flea markets and flea markets organized by professionals are authorized.
- The hotels are open. However, we recommend that you contact the hotel of your choice.
- Bed & breakfasts and youth hostels are open.
- Museums are open to the public and accessible through their reservation system. A Covid Safe ticket or certificate will be required for access.
- Cinemas, theaters, concert halls are open following specific protocols, only 200 seats will be allowed. A Covid Safe ticket or certificate will be required for access.
- Professional sports competitions are admitted without an audience.
- Sports and fitness rooms are open following specific protocols. A Covid Safe ticket or certificate is mandatory for all indoor sport and for outdoor sport from 200 people. / from October 15, 2021 /
- The pools are open and community protocols regulate access and organization.
- The spa and wellness centers are open.
- Animal parks are open.
- Amusement parks are open.
- Guided tours outside are organized with a maximum of 200 people (divided into groups of maximum 8 people).
- Receptions, parties and banquets are allowed with a maximum of 50 people inside and 100 people outside. (with application of the same rules as the hospitality sector).
- The maximum number of people who can be present at civil weddings and religious ceremonies, funerals and cremations, is raised.
- people over 65, people who are immunocompromised or vaccinated with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine - have already had the opportunity to receive this additional dose of vaccine. The rest of the population will follow.
To find out more, please consult the SPF (Federal Public Services) COVID-19 website.
- Specific information related to tourism sector and events is available here.
COVID Safe Ticket and COVID certificate
- The Covid Safe Ticket: visitors who follow the COVID Safe rules, are not obliged to wear a mask or keep social distancing once at the event or at a venue.
- More detailed information on the use of the Covid Safe Ticket in Brussels and on the certificates for travellers is available here.
The 6 golden rules:
- Respect the health and safety measures;
- Outdoor activities are preferred to indoor ones;
- Pay special attention to vulnerable people;
- Respect 1m50 social distancing;
- Limit close contact with others;
- Follow the rules on gatherings.
- Please note that basic hygiene measures remain valid, such as washing hands with soap, coughing and sneezing into the crook of the elbow and avoiding close contact. If you need medical advice, we recommend that you contact your doctor by phone or visit http://doctorbrussels.be/ .
Coronalert is a free app for your mobile phone.
The app helps us to protect each other and slow down the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Coronalert app uses technology to speed up contact detection in Belgium.
If you use the app, you can:
- find out if you’ve been in close contact with another Coronalert-user who tested positive for the coronavirus, without knowing who it is,
- anonymously warn your close contacts if you tested positive for the coronavirus yourself,
together to ensure faster contact detection,
- help stop the spread of the virus.